This may not be so useful to anyone paying a standard water bill but anyone on a meter could benefit from these tips.
1. Get a water hippo for your toilet cistern so you use less water per flush. You can make one from aplastic bottle or get them free from the Severn Trent website. I have ordered 3 - one for each loo and they seem great so far. the website has lots of water saving tips on it too.
2. Do not let the tap run when brushing your teeth
3. Have showers rather than baths (but remember a power shower can use a much water as a bath)
4. Wash the car with a bucket and sponge rather than a hose. If using a hose do not leave it switched on unecessarily
5. Make sure the dishwasher and wahsing machine are full when you use them and when replacing them buy water saving models or ones with water saving options.